Monday, July 27, 2015

Quilling


One of my newest crafting projects is quilling.

Image from http://makezine.com/craft/quilling-101


Quilling is taking paper and swirling, curling and folding it into shapes for design purposes. I’m new to it and honestly my skills are very basic. I enjoy it, but I can’t do it for long periods of time. Don’t take that as a statement on how hard it is… it’s not, I just get bored quickly. LOL

I’ve done some small projects along the way to practice.

I got into quilling from images I found on the internet and Pinterest. I loved the big initials that people would make. I always wanted my initial hanging in my living room surrounded by pictures of family and friends. So I bought some supplies and decided to give it a go.

Below are some samples of some of my starting projects. My next blog post will be about the Letter K I decided to try and quill.


This was a small flower

This was a frame I decorated with flowers I quilled





No comments:

Post a Comment